FAQ – in case you’re wondering…
We get a lot of questions about GaydarGirls, we’ve put together a few of the most common questions.
If your question doesn’t feature below, don’t fret.
You can always send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org just make sure you send it from the email address you’ve used to register your profile.
You won’t believe this, but we get over 500 support e-mails per day and will try and answer your query as soon as possible. Please bear with us as we sort through them. Also know that preference goes to our paying Members, because they’re a special bunch.
Let us answer your most frequently asked question…
1. When will you be launching an app for our phones?
It’s a brilliantly valid question; let’s face it, who isn’t an app collector on their phones and tablets lately?
Maybe the people using Blackberries… (we mean well Blackberry users, we mean really well…)
We really want to spill the beans on everything we’ve been working on, things we’ve seen and what we’re going to do.
But we can’t.
Not just yet.
Patience is far from our virtue, we want to show it all to you now but we need to ensure that what we’re showing you is of the calibre that you deserve, that we all deserve.
So hang tight, just know that we’ve got something amazing in the works and we’re looking forward to sharing it with you… soon.
2. Why are Guests restricted, can it not be a free site?
GaydarGirls servers handle more than 100 million requests per week and transfer over 300 Terra Bytes of data responding to those requests in a week.
It’s important that GaydarGirls have a sensible commercial model in place so we can keep this community running for you. The only way for us to do this is to offer a membership based model.
Contrary to popular belief, the best things in life aren’t free – that song mislead us too, don’t worry.
3. Why can I not create multiple profiles?
We only allow our girls to have 1 profile membership.
If you were to create a multiple profile, your duplicate profile will be removed.
Take our advice and be yourself – you’re wonderful as you are!
4. Worried about upgrading and giving my personal information?
We hear you, your personal information is valuable and we promise that no information is posted to your home address and we won’t contact you on the phone.
The information we request on the system is purely for the benefit of credit card companies in case there is a dispute over payment in the future. The company name that will appear on your credit card statements will be CPC Connect Limited if you are billed in US dollars. If you are billed in Euros, CPC Connect Limited will appear.
5. What if I want to change my profile name?
Hindsight is always 20/20.
So send an email to our quirky and gorgeous support team with your current profile name and what you would like it to be changed to. They’ll work their magic and sort it out for you.
Usernames can be up to 15 characters long.
Try to make sure your username is not already in use by clicking on the option from the Main Menu and then selecting .
Keep in mind that we need you to send your change of username request from the email address that you have registered with GaydarGirls. It’s for security reasons.
Also know that we can use letters, numbers, full stops, underscores and hyphens in usernames as other characters can cause problems in your usage of the site.
6. Why have I been blacklisted?
Blacklisting only occurs after someone has repeatedly broken the rules of the site.
This includes looking for underage girls, being under age or continuously creating multiple profiles. If you have been blacklisted you will need to contact support with the details of the profiles that have been created on your computer.
Behave won’t you?
7. How do I get my GaydarGirls emails?
Your GaydarGirls email address is a virtual address – that means it doesn’t really exist – ooooh spooky!
- When another user emails you at your GaydarGirls address, our system re-addresses it and forwards the email to you.
- The email address you will receive the email at is the address you entered when you created your profile.
- You can check this address by clicking the button from the Main Menu, then
- The address will be displayed in the top left hand corner of the screen.Are you confused yet?
8. How do I update my registered email address?
Unfortunately, for security reasons, we cannot change your email address for you.
But you can do it yourself – we know what it feels like to outgrow the saucydevil2890 email you set up in your early teens.
If you follow the steps, you should have no problem….
- From the “Main Menu” screen, click on
- In the “Profiles & Settings” screen, under ‘Other Settings’ click on
- In the next screen you will be asked to enter your new email address twice. And then click on
This will alter your address.
BUT REMEMBER (THIS IS IN CAPITALS BECAUSE IT’S IMPORTANT) – in changing your email address, the system will re-set your password and send an automated email with the new details to the new address.
9. How do I remove messages which have been stored?
Or nasty reminders of your ex? Ouch.
To remove your messages:
- Select from the Main Menu
- Then .
- In the far Right Column is a check box with a heading .
- Check the messages you want to remove, and then click on
10. How do I block someone from sending me messages or emails?
- If you open the person’s profile you want to block, and move down to the smiley faces at the bottom.
- Click on the face with the cross through it to block instant messages and emails from that profile.
- To unblock them simply click the “Clear Thought” link underneath the smiley faces.
11. How do I change the “I’m” on the Who’s Online Screen?
In some other social worlds, it’s called a status update – very handy tool!
- To change your Tag line from the Browsing message, click the <Who’s Online> button from the Main Menu
- Then . In that page you have the option to enter your own Online Reason.
- Members can also set a “Default Online Reason” by clicking from the Online Menu so they do not need to put the reason on each time the log on to GaydarGirls.
12. I am having problems uploading pictures onto my profile
This one is easy – it could be one of two issues.
File type and file size.
- Type should be .jpg and size no more than 40kb.
- The system will try and correct this, but sometimes gets timed out whilst working on it.
- If you cannot get this right, then send your pictures to support <email@example.com> noting on the email where they must be placed.
13. What is a Private Profile?
A Private Profile is one which does not appear on the Who’s Online Page, and people who have you in their Friends and Favourites are not advised when you log in.
To set this feature, you need to do the following:
- From the ‘Main Menu’ screen, click the button.
- From the ‘Profiles & Settings’ screen, under the ‘Other Settings’ section, click .
- In the ‘General Settings’ screen, Set ‘Temporarily Hide Profile’ to YES.
14. What do the dots on the Who’s Online lists represent?
The coloured dots represent what type of pictures are in that profile’s Main and Secondary Photos:
- Red – Explicit Sexual Content
- Yellow – Some Nudity
- Blue – No Sexual Content
15. How do I hide the categories on my profile where I would “Rather Not Say”?
- Select from the Main Menu screen
- Then again, near the bottom left hand corner is the option to select “Hide Empty Info”.
- Choose yes for this option and all categories that you have selected “Rather Not Say” for will not be displayed on your profile.
16. When I agree to the terms and conditions in chat, the window opens but I get a small box with a red cross through it
Some computers, especially those with Windows XP installed do not come with the latest java plug in.
Please try and download the latest plug in version from: http://java.sun.com/getjava