Restoring your skin after party season
Whether it’s post-party eye bags or post-turkey bloat, most of us need a little help restoring our beautiful faces after the holiday season and knowing good skincare routines and products is the way to aid your skin’s restoration.
1. Sunday Riley ‘Luna’ night oil. A face oil made entirely from natural ingredients that actually works… Sounds too good to be true, right? Wrong. This stuff is amazing. It might be a little pricier than some other face oils but that’s for a reason. Luna promises to enhance a natural glow from within, help clear skin, firm it and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It’s got rave reviews from a lot of beauty sites and we see why. (No animal cruelty)
2. Maison Martin Margiela’s ‘Jazz club’ perfume. OK we are cheating here by including a fragrance but this entire line is fragrance with a difference. Rather than generic flowery scents the ‘Replica’ line focuses on recreating scents from experiences and locations including a ‘by the fireplace’ scent and a ‘lazy Sunday morning’ scent. Jazz Club smells of cigars, leather and whiskey (trust us it’s way nicer than it sounds.) It’s described as a ‘male fragrance’ but you know how we love our more masculine scents and we think this swings both ways.
3. Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette for Urban Decay was one of the most highly anticipated eyeshadow palettes of 2015. Stefani has been on our Love List since releasing girl power anthem ‘I’m Just a Girl’ and her palette has just intensified that. With an extensive range of neutral colours you can get away with wearing at work and also a few bright colours that remind us of Gwen’s L.A.M.B. line this is a great palette for those starting out with make-up and pros alike. (No animal cruelty)
4. Urban Decay Naked ‘Smoky’ palette is the newest addition to Urban Decay’s ‘Naked range’ which prides itself on super pigmented neutral shades that are great for both nights out and casual day time looks. The newest addition to the line however focuses on darker more smoky eye looks. This palette is guaranteed to bring out the sultry vamp. While there are some lighter colours to play around with, we say this palette is more for those who are a little more risky and daring with make-up looks. (No animal cruelty)
5. Josie Maran 100% Argan oil. Sometimes in the depths of winter our usual moisturisers just don’t do enough for our skin and we can still get left with that annoying dry patch and tight feeling in our faces without even picking up the botox. Facial oils are a great way to provide long lasting, deep moisture to our faces and argan oil is equally as effective for that. This oil combines both these elements in one light formula. (No animal cruelty)
6. Fresh rose face mask. There is just something so fulfilling about putting a face mask on and waiting for it to do it’s magic. Just us? This stuff may look like a gloopy hot mess but it smells amazing and if your skin craves moisture and smoothness, this face mask is great. Besides, if in a relationship, true love is watching her put on a weird face mask and loving her despite the extra layer of gloopy goodness on her face.
7. Clarisonic Mia 2 cleansing brush. Using your hands to apply makeup and skincare should really be avoided at all costs so what better way to cleanse your face and get rid of ALL your makeup no question, than a vibrating face brush that claims to clean 6x more dirt and makeup from your skin than hands ever could? Again, we speak from personal experience, our faces are a lot fresher and clearer since using this baby, though pricy it may be.
8. Dior addict lip glow is literally like a make-up magic trick and the best of both worlds when it comes to lip products. Sometimes you might have those days where lipstick sounds good but sitting there and applying it carefully to make sure it stays within the lip lines can be a little too much time when you have to catch a train to work in five minutes. This lip balm provides long lasting hydration and also has some magical ingredient in it that brings out the natural colour in your lips. In other words, it looks like a natural pink lipstick but just feels like you’re applying a lip balm. This solves so much!